MIL STD 704 establishes the requirements and characteristics of aircraft electric power provided at the input terminals of electric utilization equipment. MIL-HDBK-704-1 through-8 defines test methods and procedures for determining airborne utilization equipment compliance with the electric power characteristics requirements. MIL STD 704 addresses Aircraft Electrical Power Characteristics with respect to standardized power interface between a military aircraft and connected or contained equipment and carriage stores, covering areas that include but are not limited to voltage, frequency, phase, power factor, ripple, maximum current, electrical noise and abnormal conditions such as overvoltage and under voltage, for both AC and DC systems.
We perform the following MIL-STD-704 tests:
- MIL-HDBK-704-1 – Demonstration of Utilization Equipment Compliance to Aircraft Electrical Power Characteristics
- MIL-HDBK-704-2 – 115 Volt Single Phase, 400 Hz
- MIL-HDBK-704-3 – 115 Volt Three Phase, 400 Hz
- MIL-HDBK-704-4 – 115 Volt Single Phase, Variable Frequency
- MIL-HDBK-704-5 – 115 Volt Three Phase, Variable Frequency
- MIL-HDBK-704-6 – 115 Volt Single Phase, 60 Hz
- MIL-HDBK-704-7 – 270 Volt DC
- MIL-HDBK-704-8 – 28 Volt DC
If you’d like to know more about our testing capabilities, please call Jack Black at 847-537-6400 or request a quote on the sidebar to the right.