EN IEC 62368-1 is applicable to the safety of electrical and electronic equipment within the field of audio, video, information and communication technology, and business and office machines with a rated voltage not exceeding 600 V. This standard is intended to replace EN IEC 60950 for products and equipment that are now applicable under EN IEC 62368. Manufacturers can now use EN IEC 62368 to show compliance to the EU Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU and safety requirements found in the Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU
This is a product safety standard that classifies energy sources, prescribes safeguards against those energy sources and provides guidance on the application of, and requirements for, those safeguards.
The prescribed safeguards are intended to reduce the likelihood of pain, injury and, in the case of fire, property damage.
This most current third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2014. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– addition of requirements for outdoor equipment;
– new requirements for optical radiation;
– addition of requirements for insulating liquids;
– addition of requirements for work cells;
– addition of requirements for wireless power transmitters;
– addition of requirements for fully insulated winding wire (FIW);
– alternative method for determination of top, bottom and side openings for fire enclosures;
– alternative requirements for sound pressure.-
– requirements for coin/button cell batteries
This standard does not include requirements for performance or functional characteristics of equipment, which is determined by the manufacturer and incorporated into the formal test plan.
To determine how best to classify your products or to have your past compliance testing reviewed by our transactional analysis team, contact D.L.S.